Paneer Mushroom Mattar MasalaCategory:Indian Dietitian Online,Recipes- Side Dish
Who doesn’t love paneer? Besides being a good source of protein, paneer also contains calcium and phosphorus. Since paneer is high in protein and low in calories, it is often recommended for weight loss as several studies indicate that eating high protein foods tends to increase feelings of fullness and help decrease overall calorie intake, which in turn may lead to weight loss.
Try out this yummy recipe with mushrooms and red bell peppers. Mushrooms are high in antioxidants, selenium and low in fat, and calories while the red peppers(red capsicum) is optional, they do add loads of flavour to the dish while also adding antioxidants and Vitamin A to the dish.
Ingredients for Paneer Mushroom Mattar Masala:
- Mushrooms: 1 packet (sliced)
- Capsicum(optional): 1 big (cubed)
- Peas: 100g
- Paneer: 250g (cut into cubes)
- Tomatoes: 3 big
- Onions: 1 big (2 medium)
- Cashew nut: 8-10 nos.
- Ginger Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Green chili: 1-2 nos. according to spice tolerance( slit lengthwise)
- Red Chili Powder: 1 -1.5 tbsp(as per spice tolerance)
- Garam Masala: 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cardamom: 3nos.
- Cinnamon: 1″
- Jeera: 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves: 2 tbsp – finely chopped
- Oil/ghee: 2tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- Heat oil/ ghee in a kadai and add the cubed capsicum and saute for 5-8mins. Keep aside.
- In the same kadai, add the onions and saute till translucent. Then add the chopped tomatoes and cashews and saute for about 5 mins till the tomatoes look cooked. Switch off and let this cool.Then puree this in a blender.
- In the same kadai add a little more oil, then add the turmeric powder,green chili, jeera, bay leaves, cardamom and cinnamon stick and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the puree, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and stir fry till the oil separates.
- Add the peas and mushrooms and saute for a few seconds. Add a cup of water and mix well.
- After it starts to boil,let it simmer till the gravy has thickened.
- Add the paneer and the sauteed paneer and mix well.
- Switch off and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis or even with jeera rice.