Quick and Easy Spinach-peanut stir fryCategory:Indian Dietitian Online
Spinach or palak is a powerhouse of nutrition and is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2.
This is a quick and easy recipe that is my go-to when I’m in a hurry or when I’m just feeling too lazy to make an elaborate dish with palak/spinach. I call it my ‘Lazy spinach stir-fry’ which I make often as everyone seems to love it and I never have any leftovers now matter how many bunches of palak I use to make this.
Ingredients for the Easy Spinach and peanut stir-fry:
Spinach/Palak: 2-3 bunches (washed, dried and chopped into small pieces)
Roasted peanuts: 1 big handful (crushed coarsely)
Red chili flakes: 1-2 tsp (or as per heat tolerance)
Olive oil/Ghee/ Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
Garlic: 5-6 cloves (finely chopped)
Salt: to taste
Lime juice: a dash
- Heat the oil in a kadai, add the chopped ginger. Then add the red chili flakes and the chopped spinach leaves and saute on high heat till the water evaporates.
- Keep stirring and switch off the kadai when the spinach is wilted. Switch off.
- Mix the crushed roasted peanuts and salt.
- Add a dash of lime and mix.
- Serve the easy spinach and peanut stir fry as a side to rice and dal.