Baked Sweet Potato SnackCategory:Indian Dietitian Online,Lunch Box Recipes Healthy Indian,Online Dietician India,Recipes-Snacks/Dips
There are different varieties of sweet potatoes available: purple and orange coloured. The purple colour is due to a pigment called anthocyanins and the orange-colored sweet potatoes owe their colour to beta-carotenes which gets converted to Vitamin A in the body. The best way to get the health benefits of these are by either steaming or baking them.
If you like fries and sweet potatoes-here’s a healthy snack that look like fries but are actually baked. Kids will love the sweet taste of the sweet potatoes while adults can sprinkle it with a little chili powder for that extra kick!
Ingredients for Baked Sweet Potato Snack:
Sweet Potatoes-2 big* (washed,scraped and cut into strips/wedges)
Salt: 1 tsp (or to taste)
Red chili powder: 1/2-1 tsp (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss till the sweet potatoes are coated.
- Spread out onto a baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake till they turn golden (about 30-40 minutes).
- Serve as a snack or as a side with your meals.
- You don’t have to scrape the sweet potatoes if you scrub them well with a brush.
- Sweet Potatoes can be substituted with other root vegetables like beetroot, carrots, parsnip or turnips.
- You can experiment with spices & herbs like garlic powder, cumin powder,rosemary, Italian seasoning, etc.
Here are other Healthy Snack Ideas:
- Crispy Kale Chips
- Baked Carrot Fries/snack
- Fruit Chaat/ Fruit Salsa
- Khaman Dhokla
- Fish Cutlets/Patties