Crispy and Spicy Kale Chips
Kale is packed with vitamins A, C , E,K, calcium , fibre and protein. The protein in kale contains all the 9 essential amino acids and hence is comparable to the protein found in meat or poultry.
Other than making sabzi’s, smoothies and salads with kale, here is a quick and simple snack recipe with kale. Crispy and Spicy Kale chips can be eaten as a snack or in lieu of papad/pickle with your meals.
Ingredients for Crispy and Spicy Kale Chips:
- Kale: 1 big bunch (wash and dry)
- Salt: to taste
- Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp (add more if you like it spicier or omit entirely if you want just salted)
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil: 1-2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 275F (135C).
- Dry the kale leaves thoroughly. You can use a salad spinner for this
- Remove any large stems from the kale, and tear the leaves up into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the kale in a salad bowl and add the olive oil, red chili powder, cumin powder, salt and toss well until the leaves are evenly coated.
- Spread the leaves out on a baking tray in a single layer (do not overcrowd, make a second batch if there is more) and bake for about 20-25 minutes (till they get crispy). Keep a watchful eye on your batch to prevent burning.
- Cool and enjoy as a snack or as a crispy side with your meals.
Here are other Healthy Snack Ideas:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries/snack
- Baked Carrot Fries/snack
- Fruit Chaat/ Fruit Salsa
- Khaman Dhokla
- Fish Cutlets/Patties