Vegetables are important sources of many nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, folate (folic acid), vitamin A, and vitamin C. These nutrients are important for overall health and maintenance of our bodies.
This Low-carb Mixed Veg tikki is a great way to add additional vegetables to the daily diet. Eaten as a snack, it introduces vegetables into the diet as a snack.
Ingredients for Low-carb Mixed Veg tikki:
Cauliflower: 2 cup
Green beans: 1 cup
Carrots: 1/2 cup
Peas: 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves: 2 tbsp
Ginger+ Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Green chilies: 2-3nos (as per heat tolerance)
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Besan: 1/2 cup (optional)
Psyllium husk: 6 tbsp
Butter/Ghee: 1 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Mint leaves: 1 tbsp
- Steam all the veggies till they are tender.
- Make a paste of the green chilies, coriander and mint leaves.
- Once cool, mash the cauliflower well, add salt, butter/ghee, garam masala, coriander paste, ginger garlic, besan and mix well.
- Add the rest of the veggies and mix well. Taste the mix and adjust the salt/seasonings.
- Divide the mix into small balls of equal size.
- Flatten it into thin tikki.
- Put the psyllium husk into a plate. Roll the tikki in the husk and shake off any excess.
- You can either bake the tikki at 180C for 15-20 mins (turning once) or shallow fry it.
- Serve hot with chutney and some salad.
- Add some grated paneer/cheese to the mix to get extra protein.