Strawberries make a great low-calorie treat. They are loaded with nutrients and can protect your heart as well as guard against cancer as they are packed with vitamins, fiber and antioxidants.
Try this delicious fruit raita that your kids will love eating with roti’s or with pulav’s or biryanis.
Ingredients for Strawberry raita:
- Strawberries: 1 cup chopped (mash a few)
- Yogurt: 2 cups
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Chaat masala: 1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder: a pinch (optional)
- Pine nuts: 2 tbsp (or melon seeds)
- Mint leaves/cilantro- a few (for garnish)
- Honey: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve with mint/ cilantro leaves as garnish.
- Chill before serving.