Turmeric Milk (Turmeric Latte/How to make Golden Milk)Category:Indian Dietitian Online,Online Dietician India
Turmeric is a plant that has a very long history of medicinal use, dating back nearly 4000 years. In India, turmeric is used not only as a principal spice but also as a component in religious ceremonies. In Ayurveda and the Unani systems, turmeric has a long history of medicinal use for purifying the blood , as an antioxidant which is beneficial nasal and throat congestion and has been traditionally used for its anti-microbial and anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
Ingredients for Turmeric Milk/ Golden Milk:
- Milk: 1 cup (Organic grass fed cow’s milk if possible)
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp- 1/2 tsp
- Honey (optional): to taste
- Pepper/cinnamon/saffron (optional): a pinch
- Warm the milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the turmeric powder and stir till it is completely dissolved in the milk (you could add the other spices if you like)
- Remove from heat and pour into a cup/mug.
- Add the honey (optional) and drink when it’s still warm.
The best time to drink it is before bedtime as it can help you sleep better (though you can drink it anytime). It helps build immunity to coughs and colds and makes a great drink in the fall/winter.
Another great way to keep coughs & colds at bay during winter is Adrak Chai or Ginger Chai Latte. Here’s the recipe for Ginger Chai Latte/Adrak Chai
Leave a Reply