Cauliflower Sabzi (Cauliflower and tomato sabzi-No Onion)
Cauliflowers are a good source of vitamins like vitamin C and K , thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, folate, and beta-carotenes, minerals, proteins, antioxidants, phytochemicals and fibre. The sulphur content of cauliflower has been found to benefit heart health and fight cancers.
Ingredients for Cauliflower sabzi:
- Cauliflower: 1 medium , cut into bite size florets
- Tomatoes: 3-4 medium, finely chopped
- Garlic(optional): 1-2 cloves, finely chopped
- Green chilies: 1-2
- Red chili powder: 2-3tsp (as per heat tolerance)
- Coriander: 1tbsp
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/jeera: 1 tsp
- Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
- Corriander/Cilantro leaves: 2 tbsp chopped (for garnish)
- Oil: 3tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the jeera and turmeric powder, then the tomatoes and salt and saute till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add the cauliflower florets and mix well. Cover and cook on very low flame (you can also use a deep steel plate with sides as the lid and add some water on the top, the cauliflower will cook in it’s own water).
- Keep checking and mix well, sprinkle a little water if needed. Switch off till the cauliflower is cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve as a side with rice and dal or with roti’s.