Savory French Toast Indian Style (Spicy Masala Egg Toast)Category:Healthy Indian Recipes,Indian Dietitian Online,Recipes-Healthy Breakfast
Savory French Toast Indian Style (Spicy Masala Egg Toast)
For those don’t like to eat a sweet breakfast, here is a savoury version of the French Toast-totally Indian Style! The Masala Egg Toast.
Savoury French Toast (Indian Style Masala Egg Toast):
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- Whole Wheat Bread-8 nos.
- Egg-4 nos
- Onion- 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomato(optional)- 1 small (finely chopped)
- Cilantro- 3tbsp (finely chopped)
- Red chili powder- 1/2- 1 tsp (or as per your heat tolerance)
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Milk-3 tbsp (or water)
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: 3 tsp
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the spice powders, salt and milk (or water) and mix well.
- Pour a little onto a flat saucer.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a non-stick sauce pan.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture on both sides, then place into the pan one by one.
- Sprinkle with the onion,tomato and cilantro on the top and flip carefully and cook till done on both sides.
- Repeat for the rest.
- Serve the savoury French Toast hot with ketchup or chutney(optional).
You could replace the spices (red chili, cumin, coriander powder)with green chilies.
Indian Dietitian Online
Leave a Reply