Sweta Uchil-Purohit: Dietitian, Wellness Coach, Online Indian Dietitian and Nutrition Content Writer
Sweta Uchil-Purohit is a dietitian with over 15 years of experience in the field of diet and nutrition.
Having started her career as a clinical dietitian at Manipal Hospital (a multi-specialty hospital) Bangalore, she has sound knowledge of diets for patients with diabetes, renal disease including kidney transplant, cardiac problems and obesity.She considers herself lucky to be able to work with the best doctors in Bangalore during her 6 years at Manipal Hospital. Here she also had the oppurtunity to teach nutrition to the Manipal School of Nursing Students and also the pre-med students doing their training at the hospital.
After that she switched from clinical to ‘Preventive Nutrition’ when she joined a Nutrition consulting firm (NICHE) as the Nutrition Manager. Here she counseled software professionals in all the leading IT companies(like Wipro, Philips, Motorola, HP). She also managed and trained an in-house team of dietitians not just in Bangalore, but also in Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata. She also briefly trained the dietitians at Talwalkars Gym(Bangalore & Chennai)
Later she moved abroad and went on to online diet consultation and handled diet consultations for Indians living abroad mainly in North America (USA, Canada), Europe, UAE, Asia and Australia.Armed with that experience she now has her own website called ‘My Indian Dietitian‘ (www.myindiandietitian.com) where she handles diet consultations for Indians and South Asians(she also has clients of Bangladeshi, Nepali, Sri Lankan and Pakistani origin).
She also has a flare for writing nutrition related articles and has been regularly writing for magazines, websites, food/ nutrition product companies. Her tryst with articles began way back when she was a member of the editorial group of the Manipal Hospital magazine.
Indian Dietitian Online: Sweta Uchil-Purohit
Personally I feel that the internet is one of the greatest inventions. It has so many uses and has most of us hooked onto it for various reasons like keeping in touch with friends and family(thank you Facebook and emails), learning about something (thank you Google), and even getting personalized diet consultations at the click of a button!
No more searching for an Indian Dietitian who can understand Indian foods (can you imagine explaining about parathas, dhoklas, khichdi, curd rice to a non-Indian Dietitian?), driving in the traffic, waiting in the waiting room reading all those magazines to get a diet consultation! No way-we are so used to getting things done in an instant, that just the thought of all the steps required to meet a dietitian in person seems to be the main reason why people who need to see a dietitian, don’t do so.
That’s where online diet consultations come in (thank you technology)-that too in particular an ‘INDIAN Dietitian Online’ is like the answer to most peoples needs.
Here are 5 reasons why you should sign up:
- It’s quick, saves you a lot of time and energy (from commuting to and fro)
- You get the same benefits of meeting a dietitian in person,
- You get a personalized diet chart keeping you in mind, along with your likes and dislikes,
- You just need to have an internet and telephone connection to speak to me without ever having to leave your house,
- and lastly, everything is kept confidential and since it’s all online there is no chance of bumping into your friend/neighbour and having to explain why you are seeing a dietitian.
Now that you are convinced about signing up for a package (To check out our packages: click here), here are 5 reasons why you should sign up with My Indian Dietitian:
- I have over 15 years of experience in clinical and preventive nutrition,
- I do not believe in crash diets and only plan scientifically approved diets,
- I have lived in 3 continents (India, USA and Australia) and hence am well versed with both Indian and Western diets, local foods available.
- I am also well versed in regional Indian diets and am comfortable with making South Indian Diet Charts, North Indian Diet Charts, Gujarati Diet Charts, Bengali Diet Charts. I have been doing diet consultations for not just Indians but also people from our neighbouring countries like Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh!
- You and your families health matters most to me-I strongly believe that by signing up for one package, the benefits will be seen by not just YOU but your family to will eventually end up eating healthy!
So what are you waiting for-the fact that you are reading this shows that you have taken the first step in the right direction. Don’t change your mind now-take the next step and contact us now. Click here to Contact Us (or just head over to our ‘Contact us’ page)
Top Rated Indian Dietitian