Chicken Tikka (Low Carb Indian Recipes)Category:Indian Dietitian Online,Recipes-Healthy Appetizer
An excellent source of protein, cooked chicken offers a wide range of nutritional benefits. Besides protein, it also contains vitamin B12, B6 & niacin and minerals like Zinc, Magnesium and Selenium.
For those on a low carb diet, you can pair this Chicken Tikka with a bowl of salad and some grilled veggies.
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka:
Chicken thighs: 1 kg ( cut into 2″ pieces)
Ginger garlic paste : 2 tbsp
Kashmiri chili powder:4 tsp.
Lemon juice: Juice of 1 lemon
Oil/ Butter/Ghee: 3 Tbsp
Besan: 2 Tbsp
Turmeric powder :¼ tsp
Yogurt : ½ cup
Black salt : ¼ tsp
Garam Masala powder: 1½ tsp
Chat masala : ½ tsp
Salt: to taste
- Roast the besan in a kadai till you get the cooked aroma. Let it cool.
- Make the marinade for the Chicken tikka with all the ingredients mentioned. Taste the marinade for salt/seasonings.
- Add the cut and cleaned chicken pieces into the marinade and mix well to coat all the pieces.
- Let it marinade overnight (or at least for 3-4 hours)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the chicken on a tray and bake for about 20 mins.
- Take the tray out, brush the drippings all over the pieces. Turn them over, brush again with the drippings and some butter and bake for another 8-10 mins.
- Remove from oven and brush it with some butter.
- Before serving, sprinkle some black salt, chaat masala over the pieces.
- Serve with some mint chutney and some onions, lemon wedges and salad.