Here’s a High Protein, Low-carb recipe of Chicken cutlets with no potatoes. To make it crispy and still keep it low-carb, I have used Psyllium husk to coat the cutlets before frying.
Now psyllium husk is a commonly known as Isabgol in India. It has been used for ages to treat constipation. It is now becoming popular as a low carb addition to foods.
Ingredients for Crispy Chicken Cutlets:
- Chicken mince: 400gms
- Onions: 1 medium (finely diced)
- Green chilies: 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves: 5 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Mint leaves: 8-10(finely chopped)
- Ginger+Garlic Paste: 1.5 tsp
- Mashed cauliflower: 1/2 cup
- Roasted gram flour(Besan): 2-3 tbsp
- Melted butter/ghee: 1 tbsp
- Psyllium husk(Isabgol): 1/2-1 cup for coating
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: for pan frying
- Mix all the ingredients together well and keep it in the fridge for 1/2-1hr.
- Heat a little oil in a pan, make a ball of the mixture, then flatten it into a patti shape.
- Roll it in the psyllium husk and place in the pan one by one.
- Turn them over and let them cook till the outside becomes golden brown in colour.
- Take them out and serve hot with coriander chutney.
These can also be frozen after frying and can be used later as such or as a filling inside wraps/ sandwiches/burgers.