Beetroots and beet greens are loaded with vitamins and minerals that fight inflammation, lower blood pressure , boost the strength and endurance and also detoxify.
Here is a simple way to incorporate it with your meals:
- Beetroot: 2 nos. (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- Carrots: 1 big (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- Shallots: 2 (finely chopped)
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Red wine vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Green chili: 1 slit (optional)
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves: 3 tbsp roughly chopped
- Salt: to taste
Mix all the ingredients in a big salad bowl and toss well. Leave it to marinate for at least half an hour in the fridge. Serve chilled.
Note: The carotenes of beetroot will turn your urine and stools pink in colour which is normal.
Other Beetroot recipes: