Easy Microwave Doodh Peda (Condensed Milk Peda)Category:Indian Dietitian Online,Online Dietician India
This is a quick peda recipe and takes just 3-5 minutes. A tasty recipe for when you are in a hurry and still want to make a dessert or mithai. I make this for Diwali. Sweets are fine if you don’t eat it on a daily basis and also know when to stop. Festivals, birthdays and special occasions definitely deserve a sweet treat.
Ingredients for Microwave Doodh peda:
- Instant Dry Milk (Milk Powder) – 2 cups (150gm)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 can (aprrox 396gm)
- Unsalted Butter – 110g (1 stick)
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the butter, then add in the milk powder and condensed milk and mix well.
- Cook in the microwave for a total of 3 minutes, mixing well after every minute.
- After 3 minutes, mix well again and leave aside for it to cool down.
- After it has cooled down enough for you to handle(say 5-10 mins), grease your hands and make balls (You can also take the entire mixture and flatten it on a greased sheet with a rolling pin and use different shapes (cookie cutters) to have cute shapes).
- Gently press the balls and flatten them a little and place a raisin or a sliver or pista/badam.