Category : Indian Dietitian Online
A great dish for any Barbecue Party for vegetarians. This mouth watering dish features fresh paneer and vegetables marinated in a traditional spicy pickle mix and grilled.
Ingredients for Achari Paneer and Vegetable Tikkas (Serves 8-10)
- Paneer: 500g (cut into 1″ cubes)
- Mixed veg(bell peppers, mushroom,onions, cauliflower, zucchini,etc): 500g (chopped into bite size pieces)
- Pickle gravy: 2 tbsps (add more if you like it spicy)
- Hung curd/yogurt: 1/2 cup
- Onion seeds: 2 tsp
- Ginger+ garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 tsp
- Grass fed Butter/Ghee: 3 tbsp
- Satay sticks: 10-12 (let it soak in a bowl of water if grilling)
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- In a bowl mix the hung curd along with the pickle gravy, onion seeds, ginger+garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, 2 tbsp ghee/butter and salt. Mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes and chopped mixed vegetables and mix well to coat them with the marinade.
- Let it marinade for at least 30 mins. String the paneer and vegetables on the sticks(you can alternate the paneer and vegetables)
- Heat oil in pan and place the paneer sticks. Keep rotating the sticks so that the paneer and vegetables get cooked evenly on all sides.
- Serve with mint and yogurt dip.
For Chicken Achaari Kebab recipe, click here: Chicken Achaari Kebab