Pomegranate, Carrot and Dill raita
Dill known as ‘sabsige soppu’ in Kannada and ‘soa saag’ in Hindi, is a delicacy especially in Karnataka. It’s added to ‘dal’, upma, rice rotti’s and adds a distinct flavor. Pomegranates on the other hand are a good source of antioxidants, vitmain C, vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, manganese, potassium , phosphorus and fiber.
The raita is a quick and simple accompaniment to a meal.
Ingredients for pomegranate raita:(Serves-4)
- Yogurt(non-fat)-1 1/2 cup
- Pomegranate seeds- 1/2 cup
- Dill leaves- 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Carrot: 1/2 grated
- Salt-to taste
- Red chilli powder- a pinch
- Roasted cumin- a pinch(powdered)
- Chaat masala- a pinch (optional)
1)Mix the dill leaves, pomegranate seeds, grated carrot, yogurt and salt together.
2)Chill for about an hour before serving.
3)Sprinkle the red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and chaat masala just before serving.