Well, we bought some yummy mangoes and I just couldn’t resist making a sweet(yes,even a dietitian has her moments of weakness,but the important thing to keep in mind is “MODERATION”!!). And these are not fried and have protein and calcium.
A peda is traditionally made by reducing milk in an open pan and then adding the required amount of sugar and flavoring. A lot of people use “khoa” which saves a lot of time. I decided to try it with ricotta cheese instead,and it actually turned out quite well!!
Ingredients for Mango Peda: (Makes about 4-6 nos.)
- Ricotta cheese(fat free): 2 cups
- Mango puree: 1 cup
- Sugar: 6 teaspoons (or according to taste)
- Cardamom powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Pistachio slivers/ Canned cherries/strawberries: for decoration
- Heat a non-stick pan and pour the mango puree along with the sugar and cardamom powder and saute till it the puree appears to be cooked.
- Add the ricotta cheese and stir continuously on medium flame till it becomes a thick mouldable mass.
- Allow to cool,then shape into desired shapes and garnish.