For those who miss Burgers / bread/ pav on a low-carb diet. This is the perfect low-carb replacement.
Low carb Pav/Bun
- Almond meal: 1 1/2 cup
- Egg whites: 3 nos.
- Isabgol powder/Psyllium husk: 5 tbsp
- Hot water: 1 cup
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Melted butter: 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds: to sprinkle on top
- Mix the Almond meal/coconut flour along with the salt and baking powder.
- Add the egg whites, and then add the boiling water and quickly mix for about 40-50 seconds.
- The mixture will be sticky, so apply the melted butter on your palms and make around 8 small balls and place them on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle a little sesame seeds on top of each portion and place into pre-heated oven (180 C). Bake for around 60 mins.
These can be eaten immediately or can be frozen and used later.