A great dish for any Barbecue Party for non- vegetarians. This mouth watering dish features succulent chicken and vegetables marinated in a traditional spicy pickle mix and grilled.
Ingredients for Achari Paneer and Vegetable Tikkas (Serves 8-10)
- Boneless chicken: 500g (wash and pat dry, cut into 1″ cubes)
- Mixed veg(bell peppers, mushroom,onions, cauliflower, zucchini,etc): 500g (chopped into bite size pieces)
- Pickle gravy: 3 tbsps (add more if you like it spicy)
- Hung curd/yogurt: 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice: 2 tbsp
- Onion seeds: 2 tsp
- Ginger+ garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- Kasuri Methi: 3 tbsp
- Red chili powder: 1-2 tsp (as per your heat tolerance)
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 tsp
- Grass fed Butter/Ghee: 3 tbsp
- Satay sticks: 10-12 (let it soak in a bowl of water overnight)
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- In a bowl mix the hung curd along with the pickle gravy, onion seeds, ginger+garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, dried fenugreek, turmeric powder, garam masala, 2 tbsp ghee/butter and salt. Mix well. Taste the marinade.
- Add the chicken cubes and chopped mixed vegetables and mix well to coat them with the marinade.
- Let it marinade for at least 12hrs (or 24 hrs). String the chicken and vegetables on the sticks(you can alternate the chicken and vegetables)
- Preheat oven to 200C(392F) , place the chicken achari sticks on oiled grilling grates. Brush with ghee/butter and rotate the sticks so that the chicken and vegetables get cooked evenly on all sides. Bake for 15 mins.
- Serve with mint and yogurt dip.
For Paneer Achaari Tikka Recipe, click here: Paneer and Vegetable Achaari Kebab