Dry Bhindi Sabzi (Spiced Okra recipe-Indian Style)
Do your kids turn their nose up at the mention of ladiesfinger/Okra/bhindi? Try out this tasty and easy recipe of dry bhindi sabji (Dry okra recipe) and watch them gobble it all up. This recipe is something I learnt from my friend Rohini’s mom, Meghana Ghatpande. Meghana aunty-thanks a ton for making this one of the kids favorite recipes 🙂
Okra is rich in both soluble and insoluble fibers which may help in lowering cholesterol, aid in digestion and also have folate and vitamin K along with Vitamin A, B&C.
Ladiesfinger Sabzi with Phulkas
Ingredients for the dry bhindi sabzi:
- Okra/ladies finger/bhindi: 250gms
- Cumin powder: 1tsp
- Chilly powder: 1/4th tsp (optional)
- Lemon: a dash
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves: 1-2tbsp chopped(for garnish)
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: 1tbsp
- Wash, pat dry and cut the okra.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the okra slices.
- Stir occasionally till the okra is almost done (the slimy part goes away) .
- Add the cumin powder , salt and/or red chilly powder and mix well.
- Stir fry till done.
- Switch off. Squeeze a dash of lime and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve the dry bhindi sabzi as a side with rice and dal or with phulkas.