Overnight Oats Mango Smoothie /Breakfast Oats Mango SmoothieCategory:Healthy Indian Recipes,Indian Dietitian Online,Recipes-Healthy Breakfast
Oats is loaded with soluble fiber and is great for:
- reducing ‘bad’ cholesterol,
- controlling blood sugar level,
- relieving constipation
Overnight oats is the new way to make oats without cooking. You simply soak the oats in your choice of liquid (water, milk, almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk) overnight in the fridge. The oats tend to absorb the liquid and soften up a little and can be eaten the next day without heating (those who don’t like eating a cold breakfast can also heat it up).
Here’s a tasty smoothie that you can have for breakfast or anytime you feel like having a snack.
Overnight Oats Mango smoothie
Ingredients for Mango Oats smoothie: Serves 2
- Mango- pulp of 3 nos.
- Rolled Oats(raw or cooked)- ½ cup
- Yogurt- 1 cup (made from skim milk)
- Skim milk- 1 cup
- Honey- 4tsp
- Soak the oats in the milk overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, blend all the ingredients together in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour into a glass, add a dollop of curd on top.
- Serve chilled.
- When making the smoothie for kids, you could powder the oats first and then blend along with the rest of the ingredients as they may not enjoy the texture that comes with the raw/cooked oats.
- You could even cook the oats, instead of soaking it overnight and add it to the blender once it has cooled.
- You can substitute the mango with any seasonal fruit like strawberries, peaches or bananas.
Overnight Oats mango Smoothie
Indian Dietitian Online
Leave a Reply