Hariyali Chicken Tangdi/ KebabCategory:Healthy Indian Recipes,Indian Dietitian Online,Recipes-Healthy Appetizer
If you love chicken kebabs, then this is one finger-licking recipe! I love the taste of coriander leaves with ginger+garlic and green chilies and combined with chicken it just tastes yummy.
As a dietitian I love this as this makes a healthy recipe considering:
- there is very little oil
- the addition of greens (coriander and mint) increases the iron, fibre and antioxidant content of the dish.
- it’s a protein dish (and hence tends to keep you full for a longer period) and makes for a great appetizer.
Ingredients for Hariyali Chicken Tangdi: Serves 4
- Chicken drumsticks: 8 nos.
- Coriander leaves (cilantro):1 big bunch
- Mint leaves (optional): 6-8nos.
- Garlic: 8-10 cloves
- Green chilies: 2-3 nos. (add more if you like it hot)
- Salt: to taste
- Curd/yogurt: 3-4tbsp
- Ginger+garlic paste: 2tsp
- Red chili powder: 2tsp (add more if you like it hot)
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder: 1tsp
- Garam masala: 1tsp
- Oil: 2tsp
- Lemon juice: 3tsp
- Remove the skin from the drumsticks, make horizontal slits with a sharp knife.
- Make a first marinade with ginger+garlic paste, salt, lemon juice, and the spice powders(red chili, cumin, coriander, garam masala). Taste for salt.
- Work the marinade well into the drumsticks and leave aside while you make the second marinade ready.
- Put the yogurt, salt,coriander leaves, mint leaves, garlic and green chilies and grind to a fine paste (do not add any water if possible). Check for salt.
- Add the second marinade and the oil to the drumsticks. Rub it well into the slits.
- Let it marinade in the fridge preferably overnight or for at least 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- Place the drumsticks on a baking tray and bake for 30-35 mins turning once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven. You can sprinkle a little chaat masala (optional)
- Serve with mint chutney (or mint-yogurt dip), raw onions and lemon slices.
- You can make kebabs with breast pieces if you wish. Vegetarians can use paneer instead of chicken.
- If you like it mild-you can reduce the green chilis.
- If you want a darker green colour-then you can add some palak(spinach leaves) along with the coriander and mint leaves (when making the second marinade).
Leave a Reply